TIMOTHY JOHN EPK
Click here to contact us to request a complimentary CD for press, media, radio, or review
Press & Publicity QUOTES
ALBUM REVIEW IN SCENE MAGAZINE
"Timothy John approached me a year ago with an amazing batch of acoustic singer songwriter material, all which spoke profound truths from his heart. The result of those recording sessions are Timothy John’s album “Hand of Help”
Hand of Help is primarily vocal and solo acoustic guitar, with one piano tune. The songs range from ballads to infectious slapped grooves. His ability to play more than just conventional guitar strumming extends into his warm sounding finger style, accompanying his singing and writing voice. Timothy’s style is reminiscent of soulful performances by Daniel Lanois.
The lyrical content is love-themed. And what makes it beautiful is that it is an honest extension of Timothy John’s soul, and not some cheesy pop-love-ballad formulated for record sales and airplay.
If you want to hear what it sounds like to love, and forgive yourself, then look no further than Timothy John’s attitude held within the lyrical content on debut album Hand of Help.
The recording sessions with Timothy John were always memorable and it was cool to witness his spirituality and rituals in the studio. We had adventurous lunch breaks with exciting vegetarian food options. Every take in the studio was an opportunity which Timothy took to express his emotion. He performed each take as if he were playing an engaging live show.
If this sounds like a story you’d like to hear in song, then check out Hand of Help by Timothy John at www.musicbytimothyjohn.com And check Timothy John out at a live show."
- Jasco, Recordium Studios, SCENE MAGAZINE
"Timothy John is a contemporary folk singer-songwriter whose songs invoke the joy and melancholy of how to feels to be in love. His charisma comes from his experiences traveling the world, and those moments where you experience something invisible, unspoken - God. Through many different images he tells his experiences with love and God. The perfect album of ballads to put on on a quiet day reading, Timothy John is like a modern day Joni Mitchell or an acoustic ballad-focused Jeff Healey. He's certainly special"
- Mer Sal, Lead vocalist and bassist for The Symbols
Members: Timothy John, Vocalist, Songwriter, Guitarist, Pianist
Appropriate For: concerts, shows, festivals, house concerts, weddings, children, families, churches, spiritual communities & gatherings
Genre: Americana / Blues / Folk / Acoustic
Hometown: Centennial, Wyoming
Influences: Bruce Cockburn, Michael Hedges, Metallica
Timothy John is a soulful songwriter who's debut album "Hand of Help" released in 2018 is full of original blusey acoustic folk-rock songs, melodic ballads, and a unique percussive fingerpicking style blending soft and subtle elements with hammer hitting intensity.
Independent artist and Centennial, Wyoming based soulful songwriter Timothy John's debut album, "Hand of Help," released in 2018 is full of original blusey acoustic folk-rock songs and melodic ballads that feature his unique percussive fingerpicking style blending soft and subtle elements with hammer hitting intensity. "Hand of Help” showcases eleven of Tim's favorite acoustic songs written over the course of fifteen years ranging from the light-hearted rocking single “The Peanut Song” through the melodic ballad “Stand and Fight” to the romantic “If Love Has A Reason.” The album was recorded in two studio sessions during the winter of 2017 at The Recordium in Fort Collins, Colorado by professional sound engineer and guitarist Jasco Duende (https://jascoguitar.com) from Blinddog Smokin’ and The Symbols (http://thesymbols.net).
As a metal electric guitarist turned modern troubadour and love crooner, his songs mix honest and universal lyrics with his characteristic rhythmic acoustic sound. Timothy John's musical inspiration stretches from Bruce Cockburn and Michael Hedges to Metallica and makes for a unique songwriting style.
When he's not playing music, Tim is a woodworker and builder by trade, although off-stage his guitar pretty much comes with him everywhere no matter which job site or mountainside he is on.
In addition to Tim's impassioned sets full of powerful vocals, he also performs instrumental sets on both piano and guitar for public or private events, concerts, shows, festivals, churches, spiritual gatherings, or house concerts. For booking, press, and all other inquiries, click here to contact us or call us at 307-298-0462. Be sure to join the mailing list and like us on Facebook so we can send you the latest news and a personal invitation to new music releases and upcoming shows.
- August 2018 - "Hand of Help" Album Review featured in Scene Magazine, the premiere entertainment and lifestyle publication in Northern Colorado with a monthly circulation of 13,000
- April 2018 - Nominated for Best Acoustic Act for the Wyoming Country Music Awards
- March 2016 - Voted 3rd best singer/songwriter in Laramie, Wyoming's 3rd Annual Laramie Singer/Songwriter Competition
- March 2016 - "Not Worried" off Tim's debut album was voted one of the top 11 songs the 3rd Annual Laramie Singer/Songwriter Competition
- March 2016 - "Stand and Fight" selected to be included as part of a studio recording and live video performance for the Laramie Zine Live Acoustic Compilation at Bummer-Man Studios in Laramie, Wyoming along with Redbush, Laura Mills, The Perks, Harpoon, The Whale, and Aviatrix.
- April 2015 - Interview and written article published in the Laramie Zine as a featured acoustic artist
NOTABLE Festivals & EVents Played
- The What Festival (2018)
- I Slept With The Band Festival (2017, 2018)
- Wyoming Singer/Songwriter Competition (2018)
- Eclectic Exhibition Music Festival (2015, 2017)
- NU2U Street Dance & Costume Party (2017, 2018)
- Annual Poker Run (2015, 2017)
- Pop-Up Art Walk (2016, 2017)
- Jalan Crossland's Trailer Park Fire (2016)
- Laramie Singer/Songwriter Competition (2013, 2016, 2017)
- Centennial Midtown Jambaroo (2013)
- Laramie Festival of the Arts (2015)
- The Art and Music Thing (2014, 2016)
Buy A CD
- PURCHASE A CD DIRECLTY FROM THE ARTSIT: https://musicbytimothyjohn.com/store/handofhelpcd
- iTunes Store Download: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/hand-of-help/1367742100
- CD Baby Download and CD: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/timothyjohn12?SourceCode=HEARNOW
- Amazon Music Download: https://www.amazon.com/Hand-Help-John-Timothy/dp/B07BX7LZBT/ref=sr_1_2?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1524851701&sr=1-2-mp3-albums-bar-strip-0&keywords=Timothy%2C+John
- Bandcamp Download and CD: https://songsbytimothyjohn.bandcamp.com/album/hand-of-help
- Google Play Download: https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Timothy_John_Hand_of_Help?id=Bv5ez3ldflbtpfcmrbcb2z7nsae
Contact us below for bookings, press, publicity, or other business inquiries or give us a call at 307-298-0462